Thursday, November 23, 2006

And let the Holiday's Begin

There are very few times a year that Mike’s family actually gets together, and Thanksgiving is one of them. The kids get to reacquaint themselves with their cousins and the adults spend hours catching up on life events that have occurred since our last meeting. These events always happen simultaneously to Linda’s arrival (Mike’s Sister who lives in Georgia). I have been trying over the years to get him to visit family more often. Some years I succeed and others, well not so much. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for my family. It seems that the older I get the more I want my family close. So much so that this past summer I packed my husband and kids and flew up to New York to visit family that they have never met and most I have not seen since I was 16. They met their great grandmother, great uncles and aunts, and cousins some of which I did not even know I had.


I am thankful for my kids who seem to think it is their job to keep me on my toes.....





I am thankful for my puppies who greet me every day with pure excitement and unconditional love.....

I am thankful for my adorable husband who makes everyday an adventure........

Although the holidays are stressful to some. I absolutely love them as I get to be with family and close friends. And there is NEVER a shortage of food.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

MOM...I'm thankful for you too!

Mike Bales said...

MRS.DANNEMANN!!!
I'm thankful each and every day for...
...
...
...
...
you guessed it! COOKIES!

Mike Bales said...

Mrs. Dannemann; I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you...thats all.