Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Little Girls 18th Birthday

12-16-06 - My internet is down so I thought I would write notes to post at a later date. My little girl is 18 today, it seems like it was just yesterday you were this little 2 foot (small for your age) three year old. Constantly by my side, everywhere I went you wanted to be with me. Now 18 your father and I barely see you with school, work, and friends taking so much of your time. I can not help but feel sad as I see in your father’s eyes how he hurts to see you grow up. You hear him yelling and arguing with you when in fact he is fighting you growing up. He wants his baby girl back, the one who was not afraid to show everyone she needed her daddy, the one who he would give huge Mohawks to in the bath, the one who would take naps with her daddy in the afternoon when he came one from work, the one who always showed excitement and unconditional love to and made him smile no matter how bad his day was. How I wish for you to hear me to stop and enjoy your youth. But as with all teens (your mother included) we feel this great desire to be an adult, be out there on our own, making our own mistakes and decisions. I too know these desires and as much as I want to take you close and protect you from that evil outside world I can not. I can only keep talking to you hoping you listen to my mistakes, adventures, and feelings and take them to heart as your have your own mistakes, adventures, and feelings. I only wish for you on this 18th birthday joy and happiness that only youth can know. Try not growing up so fast, as a matter of fact try not growing up at all stay a kid as long as you can, if no where else at least in your heart.



But most of all Felicia we want you to know how extremely proud of you we are. You are strong willed, have a huge heart, a beautiful sole and a brilliant mind. We love you and wish you a very happy birthday.

No comments: