Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Being Someplace Has Been Updated!

Rain gutters in the Calle Mayor in Alcalá de Henares

I just received an email notice that our Cousin Barb’s Blog “Being Someplace” has just been updated”. We rarely ever got or get to see her as she lived in Germany (for as long as I can remember) teaching English of all things. One day she informed us all that she wanted to find another country to live in. How exciting and adventurous is that! She was going to take a 1 or 2 year leave of absence from her job, sell her furniture, and pack her bags to travel the world to find another place to call home. Tunguruha volcano in Baños

Throughout this Blog are pictures of places she has been and things she has seen. All amazing to me as I rarely get to leave the county of St. Charles much less the state of Missouri! I guess you can say I am a bit envious of her courage to travel to so many different places by herself.

Pastaza River in the Amazon Basin

And wish that I could just get an ounce of her nerve. And I guess the funds to do such traveling. But I am content (for now) to owe a bank for my home and give my kids the stability of having a place to call home. Still I wonder what it would be like to just up and see strange lands and to see the amazing sites she has seen.

Galapagos tortoise (not turtle)

I read her Blog about the places she goes with “edge of your seat” anticipation to see where she goes and what she does next.

Mitad del Mundo directly on equator

"Over 100 yrs ago this was directly on the Equator. With GPS, the real pt was found about 9 km away, and strangely enough a former civilization had already confirmed this with use of the sun settings at the different times of the year." This was an blurb from one of her messages. Just full of interesting tid bits of places sh has been!

Metropolitan Banco in MadridThanks for sharing your travels and your courage with us Barb!

If you would like to see more of Barb's travels go to: http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?go=restlesstraveler2&aff_id=15

No comments: