Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Senior No More

Well it has finally happened.....Felicia my first born baby girl has GRADUATED! Mike and I are so proud of her and all that she has accomplished. So much so I was brought to tears at her ceramony. Sitting there while the principle and others gave their speaches I wondered back to when she was a baby and I had no idea what I was doing or when to do it. Then in my head I saw her say her first words, take her first steps, get on the bus for the first day of kindergarden. And now, watching her grow up to a beautiful young lady. I sit there in that large stadium seeing her go forward to college and career and then....suddenly...without warning....a tear a single tear fell down my cheek. I could not believe it there I was in the midst of all these shouting parents and family I was crying (this is something I do not seem do often) and I could not believe it. I kept saying to myself to stop this foolishness it was a happy time, but never the less there I sat choking back tears. She graduated Magna Cum Laude and is heading to Truman Univeristy this fall with tuition, room, board, fees and books all paid for by scholarships. Her father and I can not express in words how extreamly proud we are.


Congradualtions Felicia, I hope you continue to experience life to its fullest and never be afraid to take on new adventures.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I Love You TOO!