Tuesday, December 25, 2007

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

To all my Family and friends, known and unknown. I hope you all the Happiest of Holidays. I will have to admit I never sent out Holiday Cards. I know bad girl, I will have to say I was a bit busy and VERY distracted this last month. Where does the time go????? So this is my sorry attempt at sending holiday greetings to all.

To all interested, we had a wonderful Christmas. Lasagna and spaghetti was dinner of course (family tradition) with salad and garlic cheese bread. Dessert was a wonderful cheese cake with home-made whip topping and home-made M&M cookies. And then ....... the moment the kids had been waiting all evening for ............... it was finally time to open presents. Ribbon and paper was flying, boxes were ripping, and this year for the fist time (or at least in a very long time) Devin SMILED! Kahlen was looking for more presents under the tree, Mikayla was digging the new clothes, Alayna continued to trip over everything, and Felicia hid (slept) under her new blanket. That would pretty much summarize Christmas eve at the MD house.
Also Christmas here would not be the same without our friends and neighbors, and I believe I have the best neighbors ever. And personality abounds here just watch your back because we have the pranksters here. Mike gave RD a pair of suspenders for Christmas so RD felt the deep need to call this AM and tell us to go to the door as he had something to show us. he modeled for us, and now for you . Sorry bloging world, this had to be done. We love our neighbors and had to share them with you. I am sure that I will have to pay for this in one way or another.


Christmas day at the MD house is mostly spent lounging, playing with new toys and eating left overs. This year of course I have to share Felicia as she plans to go see the "boyfriends" family. Does anyone have a spell or potion to keep her from growing up so fast? I do not like to share and this keeps getting harder. I am guessing there is nothing I can do about it and I just have to deal with it, and yes I know I have two more that will be doing the same thing soon. I just wish that I could keep them all to myself, or pick their significant others. I know that my parents will say what goes around comes around, but really I never continued seeing someone they did not like for very long, just long enought to irratate them. And then it would be over. But then again, I did not have my whole life planned out step by step for me as Felicia does. Her "boyfried" rather enjoys telling me about their future together and when/how they will get married, how many kids and when they will have them.

I have have to stop now or this pleasant Holiday Greeting will turn in to the "boyfriend" rant.

Any hoot ....... Here is hoping all of you a very Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I'm sorry you feel that way Mom cuz I love you very much. He and I have planned our lives together... just as much as I'm sure you and Dad did. I love you no matter what though and he and I wish you will come around about him soon.