Saturday, August 02, 2008

Getting In Shape

OK, for those of you that know me (and constantly remind me) I am NOT overweight. BUT man am I out of shape.
Plus in my work clothes (jeans and un-tucked tops) one would NEVER see my pudgy parts. I hide my weight well or at least I like to think so.


Actually I would love to have this flat belly (which is my pudgiest part)


I hate diets, I do not believe in them and really never have. I LOVE food and do not think it should be rationed in any shape or form.
As anyone who knows me can tell you I am a grazer. I eat all day long without really sitting down to a real meal.



So VH says to me lets start walking, OK I think to myself this is supposed to be good for ya, so why not. OMG! My butt and feet are rebelling. We only walk 2 miles a day, but when you add in how much walking I already do in a day it makes one's back side ache.


Today for example, 7:30 a.m. 2 mile walk. Then, home and put subsistence in my stomach. I down a 20 oz glass of water, then out to mow for 2 hours!


Next is the house cleaning, and everything I have ever read says to clean your own house for great exercise. Let me tell ya, I think right now I would love to pay someone.

I also am not a big fan of joining a gym and exposing myself to the torture of waiting for machines, classes, and someone who actually knows what they are doing and how to use the machines. I do not like "crowds" anyway. Large groups of people make me nervous.

VH says walk 11 miles a week and I will have abs of steel. Well this was week one, no steel yet. I watch another neighbor walk and she has been walking for years. Easy 11 miles a week and probably more. She plays tennis like every day, sometimes twice a day and she does not have abs of steel.

I guess I will continue and see what happens.

Next people are going to try to get me to quite smoking. Fat chance with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW IF WE CAN GET YOU TO STOP THE WORST HABBIT YOU HAVE AND WILL PUT YOU IN AN EARLY AND AGONIZING DEATH....QUIT SMOKING MAN!!!! NOT TO MENTION IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE GROSSEST HABBIT EVER!!! UGH!!!