Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Non-Diet Diet

OK So I have the walking thing down, no abs of steel yet. I think miss VH was WAY wrong about the 11 miles a week thing. But I do feel better and sleep better after walking.


I put Devin on a diet about a year ago. No my son is not heavy at ALL. Actually the little bugger is 5'3" and weighs in at 85 pounds. Last winter during wrestling season he weighed 73 pounds. And we needed him to bulk up a bit (most wrestlers cut weight) so we put Devin on a diet. Really all we did was cut the soda, sugar, and snack foods. We made him eat a lot more meat, milk (with protein power), ice cream and yogurt. In about two weeks time we got 5 pound on him. There was a HUGE uproar in the house from MD and Devin as there was no snacks in the house other than popcorn.


Wow I went on a rant there, sorry. Back to the topic. Previously I said I would never go on any diet. I should clarify no FAD diets. But I do believe in eating well. I found a little website called 3-A-Day. I will have to say that at least Devin and I have followed their instructions. Mainly by eating TONS of yogurt (Devin's favorite snack). And one cannot forget the food pyramid. This website designs a personal caloric intake and food pyramid for you. I guess we shall see. Time to plan meals and grocery shop.

4 comments:

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

I'll have to check out that site.

by the way, I don't know why I was so surprised that you live in Dardenne Prairie when you work with my sister. Duh. I'm sure you knew where I went to school, already.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check this out.

Anonymous said...

6 out of 10 People in the US, Canada and Europe are Over weight, so losign weight has become the most important goal for many around the globe. If someone is a lazy slob who wants a 'magic pill' to give him a fabulous bpdy, that will always remain as a dream.
One should be willing and determined to in efforts over a period of time and only then they can get lasting results. I find a few programs quite interesting and effective, you can also check some programs here and rate them based on your experience. Find the programs here [url=http://www.weightlosskarma.com]WeightLossKarma.Com, lose weight easily[/url]
- by Melinda

Anonymous said...

6 out of 10 People in the US, Canada and Europe are Over weight, so losign weight has become the most important goal for many around the globe. If someone is a lazy slob who wants a 'magic pill' to give him a fabulous bpdy, that will always remain as a dream.
One should be willing and determined to in efforts over a period of time and only then they can get lasting results. I find a few programs quite interesting and effective, you can also check some programs here and rate them based on your experience. Find the programs here [url=http://www.weightlosskarma.com]WeightLossKarma.Com, lose weight easily[/url]
- by Melinda