Friday, August 08, 2008

Summer Memories

When my sister and I were kids we had a favorite spot we absolutely LOVED to go to. It was called Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor. It took us half an hour to walk there and all week baby sitting to earn our spending money.


It had the look of an old time ice cream parlor where the pizza guys wore the red and white striped shirts. The pizza part on one side and the ice cream on the other. AND they had the BEST video games.

We would blow our entire stash of money and would spend the ENTIRE day there. I can honestly say I do not have one bad memory of the time we spent there during our summer breaks.

I have looked around our community and the closest thing I can find that even resembles Happy Joe's is Pizza Street (but by no means really compares). I only wish my kids could have that kind of experience and able to build those kinds of memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ding dong, there is a Happy Joes on Watson not too far from my crib. And it is just like it used to be when we were growing up. I have taken the kids there quite a few times - especially in the winter. We'll have to go sometime.

Aud