Sunday, October 05, 2008

Add Another Project to Our List!

I have given up to the fact that we will NEVER get "DONE" with our house. This was the first house MD and I had built. And only our third together (our first home was a condo ). Well we thought we got everything we thought we wanted (structurally) done to this house. Well.........I guess not.


He just asked this morning what I would think if:


1. He removed the steps from our deck (what is he crazy). and


2. If he made them spiral around the gazebo.


I can not say no, so I said add it to the list, and that I asked that the shed under the gazebo finished first. So we will have been in this house 5 years October 31st. Yes we signed all our papers on Halloween. Omen of our future? Not been to bad so far. But really when does one get "DONE" with their home projects?




*************************************************************************************



See what floated overhead yesterday!




I so want to ride in one of these, and have for a long time. It is on my "Bucket List" of things to do.




I had to zoom all the way the camera would go for this one. Kind of turned out fuzzy.

3 comments:

Ness said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Missouri neighbor. My aunt and uncle lived in Bonne Terre, MO and I was there a lot as a child. I was born in St. Louis, raised in Belleville and had to leave in the early 70's when my dad remarried. My husband and I moved back to Belleville almost 3 years ago and I am thrilled. I.love.dachsies! There are 4 dachsies in the family, 3 of them rescued. Your home is lovely. I'm adding you to my blogs that I follow. I understand the three kids routine...mine are now 31, 23 and 22. Wild times indeed!

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

You're right - I don't think anyone is ever really "done" with house projects. I long for the day that we're in a house that is ours for long enough to really put effort into it. That's one of the downfalls of being in the military.

Hot air balloon - girl, you can accomplish that while MD is tearing down the deck stairs. :-)

utmomof5 said...

That is on my bucket list too!! I swear a house is never "done". The projects jsut keep coming!! :)Good luck with the new stairs

Oh and the post below!! What great work!! Just beautiful!!!