Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Project On Its Way

MD received confirmation from Joe the Brick Guy (I have no idea what his company name is) and they are definitely starting Wednesday the 22nd.
This is what my house looks like. Not bad I know, but MD and I have always wanted the front to be brick and stone. When we built the house the builder wanted a shockingly large amount to do what we wanted so we opted to do it later and later is 5 years (almost to the day) later.
We worked out a deal with the brick guy and one way to get our costs down was to prep the house ourselves. Which means taking down the shutters, siding, porch rails and columns, and wrapping the house (which was something the builder should have done and did not).
So far we have only worked on the first floor getting the shutters down and the porch rails. This weekend is going to be a VERY busy one as we have to get everything done before Monday.

MD and I were going to take off Monday and Tuesday to make sure we get everything finished but I have clients coming in Monday through Thursday and can not get off work. MD has to go out of town on Wednesday and Thursday unexpectedly and has to do a lot of stuff at work before he goes. That means we will be cutting bricks Monday and Tuesday evening (another cost saver).

Keep your fingers crossed as I do not want to have to be doing ANY of this after MD leaves. I already have to wait until the brick layers get their scaffolding up so I can get the siding off the VERY top peak. good thing I have no fear of heights!

4 comments:

Laggin said...

Wow. Very, very ambitous. Sounds like a lot of work to me...but it also sounds like it will pay off! Good luck.

Huse Yo Mama said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! Love the topiaries, by the way!

mdx3mom said...

That is funny you like these trees, they are the only ones I DO NOT care for.

They w erefor MD. He was going on and on one year that he wanted these, so I went out and bought them and planted them for him. I make MD trim them though, my arms break out in a rash when I mess with evergreens.

We will see what they look like after the front is done.

Felicia D said...

So glad I wont be home for that!