Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Quiet Evening

I dreaded coming home last night to a house without MD. He is away on business and I was going to have to be home alone with Devin and Mikayla. This did not use to be a problem when the kids were younger, but now that they are teenagers they are a little tougher to deal with.


I will have to say last night went rather well. To my surprise ........ NO ARGUMENTS. Devin actually did the homework I asked him to get done, shared the computer with Mikayla, laughed and smile. We even wrestled on the floor tickling each other. It was strange and nice at the same time. There were even no arguments about going to bed and even better no arguments or yelling about getting up in the this morning. All things were blissfully wonderful in the MD house last night!


I have no idea why Devin behaves poorly when MD is home, nothing is really different other than MD backs me up when asking Devin to do something. When Devin disagrees the war starts.


I only wish it would go this calmly every night or at least more often than not.

4 comments:

Laggin said...

You didn't have crazy cause she was focused on our house last night.

Teens are a joy.

Meh.

All Things BD said...

My eldest does the exact same thing when my husband is gone. It's peaceful, she's cooperative, we get along. Then as soon as he gets home, it's WHAM, nightmare child from outer space. And she's only EIGHT. This does not bode well for when they reach the teenage years.

utmomof5 said...

My nights aren't too bad, I dread teh mornings!! My kids DO NOT stop bugging each other all morning!! It is a little sad but I just want to smack them and send them out the door to school like 40 minutes early!! Ahh the joys fo having kids!

Felicia D said...

well-known fact...Devin is MD's son. Apple doesn't fall far from each other, of course they piss each other off...lol. Sad to have missed the calm!