Saturday, December 06, 2008

Long Time Seperated

I know it has been a while since I have been here, sorry. Quite a bit has been going on and some of it I just did not and still do not know how to express. Quick list of happenings:

1. We got the front of the house done and its beautiful (at least in my eyes).








2. My dad had to go in the hospital for what turned out to be a double aneurysm. He is better now. This was the hardest things I had happen lately to try to express my feelings on. Still not sure if I can. That is pretty much why the absence. That and my mom went off the deep end while he was in the hospital, and there was nothing I could do to help as they are in Florida for the winter.



I am a control freak (at least that is what everyone else will tell you about me) and with my parents so far away there is nothing I can control. No situation I can fix. I was helpless in the fact that I could not do anything but wait for phone calls. Yes, I could have flown down there, but as MD and I pretty much depleted any "slush" fund we had with the house and paying off ALL the credit cards, I was strapped for cash. I could have taken it from the "Christmas" fund, but then Christmas would be no fun for the kids this year. So I sat here is Missouri and did nothing but worry. I know this was hard on my parents but it was also hard on me. To those who know me know that I just cannot just sit and do nothing about something.




2. One of my closest friends is scheduled to get a pace maker. She is sooo young, and it is scary. She is a trooper though. You would never know that she is worried at all about what she is going to go through. Just every now and then you see the worry in her eyes, I do not think she even knows you can see it. She does try so hard to hide it. I pray (which I do not do often) that all goes well with her.


3. Another of our friends got a full hip replacement. (they say it comes in threes so this better be it). He did fabulously and came home rather quickly. Surgery was this past Tuesday and he came home Friday. MD went to the hospital to visit with him. MD was amazed at how well he looked, and the how they did the hip replacement. I am waiting a couple of days before I go over and pester him. I really want to see his wife to help her out.



4. Work is just crazy busy. (I guess I should be glad I still have a job). Our company is so busy that we have hired 1 guy back temporarily that left this past summer and we subcontracted another fella that use to work for us that is with another company. I am glad we are so busy, as it is good for the company. But I could really do without the 50 hour work weeks as I am sure the rest of the project people are tired of all the traveling and working crazy hours. Usually December is our slower month as with the holidays, the crazy cold (which sucks to work in), and everyone trying to use up vacation time before they loose it. December is usually my catch up month, not this year.




5. Then there was Thanksgiving, and now Christmas is coming. Ugh I really do not like holidays. I am a total Grinch these past couple of years. It was nice to see family that we do not see very often. It is just when there is a lot of commotion, loud noise, etc. I get edgy. I get this from my father, and Devin is the same way. Devin got to hide in his room with his cousin, I mostly hid in the kitchen cleaning up. Did I forget to mention that Thanksgiving was once again at my house? It was, again, and probably will be again next year. we did not get to see MD's sister this year, with her boys also in college and working they would not have been able to come and she wanted to be with them over the holidays. Totally understand that as that was MD's reason for not wanting to go to Georgia to see them. Eldest was only home for 5 days. He misses her. It is cute.


6. I am missing my eldest more lately for reasons I am not sure of. And I look forward to getting to see her over Christmas break (even though she is only going to be home less than two weeks). And that is all I have to say about that.


There I think I covered most of it.



Mikayla and I have seen the movie Twilight. I had not yet read any of the books before I saw the movie. That could be why I like the movie so much. No preconceived ideas. Felicia has all the books and read them all but she keeps them with her at school. Mikayla has read the first book I think, not sure of the others. Anyway, we went and saw the movie. I was not expecting much, but I actually liked it. Normally I do not like gushy love stories. but this was different. I think it was more about the "hunt" and commitment. I liked it enough that I had Felicia bring me home the first book of which I had read cover to cover in two - three days. Now I am waiting for her to bring home the rest so I can read those. The books are a very easy read and (too me at least) they drag you into the story and do not let you go. You do not want to stop ready, you seem to want to know more. Those kind of books I like.
Mikayla's favorite character is Jasper, not Edward as every other teenager it seems. Her favorite scene is when they play baseball. We will be going again this evening to see the movie again. Felicia thought the movie was fabulous.

3 comments:

Laggin said...

The house is lovely! We are huge Twilight fans at out house too. When you finish the series, Stephanie Meyer's "Host" is also great.

All Things BD said...

Your house is beautiful. I'm extremely jealous of all that brickwork.

So sorry you've been going through tough times. Hope things are looking up for you and your family/friends.

Felicia said...

i love you too!