Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog Cooking Anyone?

I use to love to cook, bake, create whatever. When it was just MD, Felicia and I it was fun to cook. They would eat anything and everything. I use to make a different meal every night so that we never had the same meal ever in a month. I will say that some of them had us running for McDonald's. But over all they were pretty good.


Once Devin and Mikayla came along, I got real busy obviously. Working full time with 3 kids made me a bit crazy at times. That and the fact that Devin and Mikayla are the pickiest eaters I have ever seen. And they go through phases, and of course the mom is the last to know what they will be currently willing to eat.


Lately I have found several blogs that are primarily cooking blogs. And the pictures have made me remembering when I loved to cook. So I have decided I need a break in kids, and their dramas. I am going to go back to cooking. It will be an adventure I am sure as it has been years since I really dove in and got my hands dirty.



Hope my neighbors and coworkers are hungry. With Felicia away at college I am down to just MD to eat everything everything. Mikayla and Devin I guess will be eating a lot of cereal if they do not want what is put in front of them.


Check out some of the places I found .... and check out their oh so yummy dishes.


Want a pretty drink? Try this one.




Bakerella was recently featured on The Pioneer Woman Cooks. She too makes yummy deserts. Can not wait to try to make these beauties.



Of course everyone knows PW. And what can I say her Apple Dumplings (Felicia & I have renamed them "better than Sex dumplings") are mouth watering. MD has me make them all the time!



PHOO-D

You want to try something different try Phoo-D's Hungarian Gulyas Vienna Style. It looks so delicious.



Stephanie


Want to see amazing cakes, just stop here. She makes some of the coolest cakes.




All so yummy, you should check them ALL out.

4 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

Now I need to eat something. Thanks a bunch :)

I am not a huge dinner maker but I LOVE to bake treats and pie and cookies and cakes. MMMMM Yum

utmomof 5 said...

Oh an who doesn't love Pioneer Woman? Her recipes are the best!

Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://besttoddler.com

mdx3mom said...

Ruth,

Thank you so much for the wonderful post! And welcome aboard. Hope to keep things interesting! This is really just a place for me to work things out before reacting in real life. Helps me keep a level head.