Saturday, March 14, 2009

Book Review

Okay so since Thanksgiving I have picked up a new hobby ........................ Reading. Imagine that. I started off of course with Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, I even got online and read what I could of Midnight Sun.. By Christmas I was out of material around the house to read. Well that is not exactly true, I do have some Steven King lying around that I have not gotten into, but I have not been in the mood for THAT type of reading.






I actually read this series something like 3-4 times. I was hooked and hooked bad. But after reading these books so many times it was hard to read through every page. So I sought after more material.



Felicia and MD got me The Host for Christmas. Had that done by new years. DS at work is so excited about my new hobby that she regularly sends me notes about what she is currently reading. She even bragged to her Librarian mother about my new hobby. Too cute those two are.
Again, very good read. And a very easy read. I even lent this to DS at work so she would have reading material for her plane ride. She CRIED through the whole book as did Felicia. I must be an emotional shrew, I felt no need to drop a tear until towards the end.



I even took one of Devin's books from his room and read it. Stone Heart. Very good for Middle School-High School reading. It is a trilogy and I need to get the rest to see how things actually end. I do not like not knowing how a story ends.


I just finished with The Distance Between Us. Not a bad read, but not something I will re-read.


About an extraordinarily talented (mostly musical) and dysfunctional family in the town of Bolton, Illinois. The main character Hester is a full of spit and vinegar 71 year old lady. Who by my opinion has every right to be as mean and nasty as she is due to the fact her husband had been having a 15 years plus affair. But it seems the town and her family think otherwise. It tells of how she deals with the affair, loss of a child and the dysfunction of her family. I like her and her Strong personality and how she takes no crap from anyone. She befriends the boy that rents her upstairs apartment and their friendship is endearing.


I am now onto The Shack. It was on a Must Read list so I picked up. But right from the start it seems to be a religious book and I am not sure how far I will get through it. I am not a big believer in Organized Religion. I have heard mixed feelings on the book. We shall see and I will let you know. BUT if you are of the religious type then maybe the book is something for you.

3 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

You have read ALOT!! Thanks for the reviews, some of those I have read and some I have not. I have been on a historical kick lately with the books I am reading.

Laggin said...

Ah. You're another Twilight-mom. Addictive reading!

Felicia said...

MD didn't buy that. He bought you the scrapbook thing majig. Nick actually picked out the book out for you...ha