Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A New Beginning

Devin met with his new therapist, counselor, whatever you want to call her. In my book she is a miracle worker.
For the first time EVER from coming home from a visit like this, Devin was not aggravated, mean, or distant. He was actually chatty, non-threatening. He even went home and did his homework without much arguing. Then this afternoon he had a meeting with his home bound teacher, which went well.
When I picked him up from his meeting I took him to do clothes shopping he was in a good mood even. First was to Old Navy for pants, shirt, undergarments and a hat (at the request of Devin). Then off to Supermarket of shoes for new shoes. I know this does not seem like note worthy news but this is actually a big thing. Devin HATES shopping, it does not matter that he has absolutely NOTHING that fits in his closet or gaping holes in his shoes. He refuses to ever go shopping, or going to restaurants, or the grocery store. He has a fit if we even ask him to go and so we have stopped including him when we go out to eat as a family. But not today no sir re! Granted he was not happy that I made him try the clothes on before I bought them, but he did it while growling at the beginning. But in the end he was compliant and did what was asked.
Then in preparation of tomorrows meeting the Juvenal office, I informed Devin he was getting a hair cut. This really made him mad. But again while growling, he did it.
We had what I would say a very impressive day and what I hope the beginning of many good impressive days!

4 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

YEA!! i love good news. I have actually been wondering how things are going for him. I hope this is a new beginning :)

Laggin said...

That is REALLY good to hear.

I left you bloggy love at the house.

Laggin said...

That is REALLY good to hear.

I left you bloggy love at the house.

Laggin said...

Ugh. My computer is being a jerk.