Monday, March 30, 2009

Not Bad For a First Attempt

Yes I attempted to bake again. My cupcake bites did not turn out "picture perfect" but we had fun and they were tasty.

It was a nice way to spend time with Mikayla, she had fun rolling the cake into balls.





It was also nice to be able to spend time with Vicky. With everything going on in both our lives it does not leave much time for just hangin. It use to be fun just hangin.





We were making these to bring to a wine party. Another neighbor was bring Chocolate Cherry Port, so we thought these little babies would go perfectly!








If you can not tell from the picture the theme of the party was All American. We were to wear red, white, and blue and bring a bottle of American made wine. So V and I only thought it appropriate that the cupcake bites be red white and blue.


They may not have been the prettiest deserts there but they sure eaten fast enough.

Switching to something a bit different ......... Check out these SHOES!



Yes these are shoes, called 5 finger shoes. Why they call them 4 fingers is beyond me. To me they remind me of Kermit the Frog from the Muppet's. Kermit shoes, he he. How funny.

They also remind me of toe socks. Erin says that they feel pretty much the same but with a hard rubber sole (to protect the foot). She said they are very very comfortable. Like being barefoot.


But I still think of Kermit every time I look at them. She had to bring a set of boots to change into as their is no way she could wear these things on any landfill. They do not have that much rubber on them!

1 comment:

utmomof 5 said...

Who cares how they look, all that matters is the taste! :) I think I may have to look into those shoes. I hate to wear shoes, I would love to be barefoot all the time.