Thursday, April 09, 2009

Memories

Do you ever just hear a song and then instantly you are brought back in time?


Hear a song on the radio while driving down the road that just makes you smile?

I hear them every now and again, a song from a time long gone. A song that I may not even know the words to anymore. But the way the music just comes out puts me in a little trance.


For example every time I hear Boys of Summer by Don Henly I am instantly transported to a time many many years ago driving down the highway to get to an afternoon class as college. I can instantly feel the heat on my face and the wind whipping though my windows. It makes me smile and just feel all over good. Or here is one for the 80-90's You Spin Me Round by Dead or Alive. I am instantly out with my girlfriends a club. Dancing and having fun.

What songs raise your memories?

3 comments:

Laggin said...

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison ...my law school graduation party on the ocean, at the museum of modern art in San Diego...in the first great little black dress I ever bought myself. When one of my besties from law school looked at me and said, "you don't have brown eyes!?" I laughed and danced on.

utmomof 5 said...

Summertime by Will Smith

In my car with all the windows down and the sunroof open. I am with my 2 best girlfriends from HS heading to the beach. Not a care in the world. Good memory :)

Suburban Turmoil said...

Hmm. The Hokey Pokey makes me think of the skating rink I frequented when I was a kid. :) Music by The Jayhawks brings me back to my college days.