Friday, May 08, 2009

What Could They Have Been Thinking?????

Unless you have been in a cave (and yes I usually am regarding current events) you already know about the Whitehouse blunder regarding a fly over in Manhattan NY. What I did not know (and maybe many of you also) was that this blunder cost us taxpayers a sweet sum of $328,835.


First off WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING!!! I mean really folks did no one think that this might cause a bit of a panic to every person who went through September 11th?


I have an ex-cowerrker who was in Tower 2 that very day. When we heard what happened we all rushed into a video room to watch as I am sure so did every other American that day. One of our Project Managers ran out the door to be with Barry's wife as she had no news from him and could not reach him. His brother also worked for us at the time and was 6 hours from the office at one of our clients landfills sampling. We of course immendiately had him return to be with Barry's wife (who by the way only had the job for two weeks). See Barry said he had a new calling. Instead of a Geologist he wanted to work in finance. He was in New York for training. Barry was one of the nicest guys you ever wanted to meet. He also taught Karate and my kids though he was fabulous. Lucky for everone HE got out. He said it was absolutly horrible. Something he is hoping to NEVER have to ever experience again.


So when I see stupid stunts (yes I believe this was a stunt) I think of Barry and Lisa. The nightmares he had for years after he got home. I think to my self how inconsiderate this administration is and for what ........ the purpose of the flight was to update the official photo of the plane, known as Air Force One when the president is aboard. And since I am on a rant and airing my greviences.... In today's economy when everyone is loosing jobs, and companies are failing and closing, was it really necessary to spend that kind of money?


I mean really was this picture worth it?

1 comment:

Gina said...

How did I not hear about this (not the flyover - the Air Force 1 thing)?? That is appalling and disappointing.