Sunday, June 14, 2009

HAPPY SUNDAY

My house is almost empty. MD just left for someones basement, Mikayla is at a sleep over still, Felicia still in Italy (she actually stayed put this weekend and updated her blog) and Devin is upstairs with cousin Sean getting ready for church.



Yes I said church. For those of you who actually know me, know that I do not GO to church. Actually despise church. My sister has said that because I refuse to ATTEND an organized church I do not believe in God. My response is always "I fully believe in God and spirits, I just do not believe in church". I have only been to one church that I liked and would continue to attend. That was 19 years ago, MD and I were married there. But a couple years after we got married the Minister moved 2 1/2 hours away. The new minister I did not care for so that ended our church goings. Have not found one since that I would give a second try. So I pray in the Church of Home. I donate my money here, laugh here, cry here, worship here, unstress here, stress here, my spirits are here so here is where I go to church. Besides I have enough people taking money out of my pockets, I do not need another hand in there making me feel guilty for not giving or giving more.

Oops I strayed, sorry. Anyway one of the neighborhood boys (one that I actually like) attends the church in the front of our neighborhood. He has been getting Devin to attend for the last couple of weeks (at my suggestion). At first Devin gave me grief about it, but now he likes going. Actually gets up on my first attempt to wake him. My thinking is that maybe he will meet a different "crowd" of kids and leave the trouble makers behind. I am also hoping they can give him direction I seem to not be able to do. Especially with what his future holds for him, he needs some intervention of an amazing kind.


Also looking forward to the sun coming out today. We are having such a weird weather summer! Yesterday was beautiful but we were not able to get use of our pool due to the need to attend a graduation party down the street. So I am looking forward to lounging by the pool with a friend today. Oh yea, she is a friend I have gotten reacquainted with thanks to Face Book. Guess the silly thing is not all that bad.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Wow, it sounds like things are going pretty smoothly right now, and that's great! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they stay that way!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I was wondering if you might be willing to mention my raffle/fundraiser. I would NOT ask if it wasn't for a great cause. Plus, there are over 90 donated prizes to win totaling over $3000.00! And who doesn't like to win??

It's really a win-win for everyone. People get to help me meet my fundraising goal AND potentionally win big.

Yesterdat was the 6th anniversary of my Dad's heart transplant. I am more determined than ever to give back in a big way.

This is the comment I have been leaving on certain blogs in hopes that the word will get out about what I'm trying to do.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE clickover and enter my raffle!! You can truly win TONS OF PRIZES (totaling over $3000.00 - goft crds, Starbucks coffee maker, $600 in camping equipemtn, gorgeous jewelry).

It's for a great cause….

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

6 years ago my Dad received a new heart.

This is my way of giving back.
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/


Thank you for any help you can give,
Hallie

utmomof 5 said...

I hope the day continued as well as it started. Sounds like Devin may have found something he likes!