Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Silver Lining

Today is the day my Felicia comes home. She has been in Europe since May 22nd. We have heard of her awful air and train experiences and have heard of her many wonderful and exciting travels. But now I get to see her and hold her in person and finally stop worrying about her being over there.

MD & I are excited beyond words. We see some major parent smothering coming in her near future.

A Devin update:

We got to visit Devin again last night. It went as well as one can expect. We heard a lot of commotion going on on his side of the phone. Devin said that there was a kid having a fit in his room. He said that the kid has been doing it a lot, especially when he has to be in his room. Luckily Devin's room is in another hall and does not have to listen to it all night.

Devin speaks with us in a total different tone than ever before. This alone makes us believe we have done the right thing. I am only hoping that he can keep this change up and get on the straight and narrow (so to say) again. He keeps telling us he wants to come home and that he was wrong before, home is better than anywhere else. He has told his DJO that he will do what ever he has to do to get to come home and stay there. She is not totally convinced yet but is keeping an open mind with him.

3 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

Yea for your daughter coming home!! That is very exciting, I can't imagine how much you have missed her. Go ahead and smother :)

I hope Devin is really changing!

Cindi said...

I know how much you've missed your daughter, and I also know how happy you are that she was able to have this experience.

As far as Devin, I hope that he is indeed on the path of becoming the young man that you know he can be!

Laggin said...

Tonight in our parent group therapy meeting I was hearing stories of a couple of boy-parents and I couldn't help but think of you.

And listening to them, I heard parents who were unwiling to make the hard decisions you've made now until their boys were almost 18. And NOW they have it much, much harder.

Keep it up. I beleive in you.

P.S. Glad Felicia is home. I know that will be wonderful.