Sunday, August 16, 2009

How to Make a 13 year Old Girls Day Part II

As I said before, my 13 year old daughter wanted her room re-done. And as my eldest so eloquently put it: It looks like "Nickelodeon threw up in her room". And my son suggested black lines so it will complete the "pumpkin look". Both of which Mikalya just stood there proudly smiling...... and said........ This is what I want.


Well in continuing our steps:

Step 5: After you have trimmed in the room TWICE, you get to fully paint all the wall TWICE.




Just a note to all you crazy parents out there willing to paint such wild colors:

ALWAYS BUY MORE PAINT THAN YOU THINK YOU WILL NEED.





Reason being is that when going sooo dark, you will need either a tinted primer or two coats (and in our case sometime 3) to make sure the wall if fully covered.




Now we let it dry. MD wants to put white crown molding up. Ugh more work. Then Mikayla has some sort of design she wants on the wall..... we shall see

Stay tuned as this adventure unfolds!

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Dang girl, you've been busy! I love it!

Laggin said...

My girls have some crazy rooms too.