Friday, September 11, 2009

Fungus Among Us


So the weather in Missouri this Summer has been nothing but unusual to say the least. I can count on my hands how many times I actually got in the our pool to swim. All our friends are asking why we do not use the pool more because "you have a heater". My response is "well you have to get out sometime" and it has just been plain ole cold.




And with the cool weather we have notice these WEIRD things growing in my landscaping. I know they are some sort of mushroom but I have NEVER seen one like this.

And with all the cool wet weather my plants are not fairing well either. Our day lillies are in constant need of cleaning and are rarely producing flowers. And our evergreens keep trying to die off.



Looks like I know what will be my chores today. So much for maintenance free landscaping.

3 comments:

a corgi said...

good that it was cooler; bad that you have a pool and plants that like warmer weather; very interesting fungi growing though :)

enjoy your weekend

betty

Felicia D said...

Herrro!

Casey would just like me to say that she thinks measuring love by breathing is a strange way to measure love. She's not really all that fond of breathing! She says its necessary, shes just not that attached to it.

Lol to comment 9, the same is mutual from me

Cindi said...

If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone, lol. The weather was lousy in Ohio too. Our weeds went out of control each and every week, no matter how often they were pulled. We're great at growing weeds!