Monday, October 26, 2009

And We Have Lift Off

Just received a call from a gentleman at Quest. We have an intake meeting appointment tomorrow at 1pm. He starts his new school on Wednesday. I was told that if I could get in at 9am tomorrow he will stay for the rest of the day.

I can't swing that at work on this short of notice. I mean I guess I could just do it but then I am leaving my office in the lurch with no assistants. We are all scrambling as it is trying to fiqure out how we are going to get everything our clients want done completed befroe the end of the year!

Funny coincidence is that first thing this morning the school finally emailed me back about a staffing meeting for Devin, we settled on a date and time, then couple hours later Quest called. Guess I can cancel the school meeting.

My calendar has so many scratch off marks from schedule changes it is ridiculous!

Mom and Dad don't worry about Devin. We are all HOPING that this is a good thing for him. The whole school is supposed to be like an IEP (Individual Eduction Program)and Devin will get a lot of individual attention/assistance. Or at least that is what we are told. Only down fall is that we have to provide transportaion. But they know we both work full time and are willing work with us on providing one way, either there or back. We shall see how that works out with everthing.

I think I need a drink.

4 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

Good luck to you and Devin. I hope this is the answer you have all been looking for!!!

Dread Pirate Davi said...

Put down the bottle. You might wanna be sober for this. =P

Good luck with Quest. I hope it works out for Devin.

seeking the truth said...

I think this could be a good thing for Devin! I hope he sees that it will be :)

betty

Laggin said...

Fingers crossed. The decision was just made to leave St. Pricey, so things are going to be ineresting here too. I'll blog about it all soon.