Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Firemen + Sand Volley Ball = FUN

Last Sunday the weather was absolutely beautiful. Not hot and not cold, as Little Red Riding Hood would say it was just perfect.
Jodi and I have an old acquaintance that we have re-connected with on FaceBook and he is a Fireman in the area. He posted (on FB) that they were doing a fundraiser for MD at their local union hall, Sand Volleyball and for anyone interested to come on out.

I was looking for an excuse to get out of the house. So I called a couple friends and off we went.


I am not sure how I did it, but I got Devin to go with me and enjoy the weather with his mom. He refused to play but he did take all the pictures. And he did a very good job if I might say.


He got quite a few "action" shots.


Denny (our fireman friend) was very excited that Jodi and I came to play.

Said his team needed all the help they could get.
I am guessing that they lost the first round they played before we got there.

Jodi and I explained that it had been years since we have played so don't expect a miracle.

We got on our ready and gave it our all. We actually made some VERY impressive shots. That is if I do say so myself. I did surprise even myself and Nathan (my friend Alicia's son).
(my victory dance)

1 comment:

a corgi said...

looks and sounds like fun!!

betty