Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparation

I always take off work the week of Thanksgiving. Mainly because I love to cook and it takes me days to make sure I have everything I need. Today I am making pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, apple pie, and my breads for tomorrow's dinner. Tomorrow will be consumed with the turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, and Mikayla's requested corn and peas.

I love cooking and its rather depressing cooking for my family. They are all picky eaters. I have decided to just start cooking for me and what I want to cook, if they eat they eat if not.......there is always cereal.

This year my friend Jodi and her boys will be joining us for Thanksgiving. That also excites me because her boys LOVE to eat! And really nothing makes me happier than cooking for others. That is when I am the happiest.

So now I am off to continue on my self inflicted euphoria of joy. Later today I will be joining my friend Vicky in a viewing of New Moon.

Have to say ....... today is a good day!
Hoping all of you, my virtual friends, have a wonderful, restful, Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

yum with all that you make for dinner! it is always good when people appreciate it too! save a piece of pumpkin cheesecake for me :)

enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends and family :)

betty

utmomof 5 said...

Hope all the yumminess turned out just how you planned!!!!

Laggin said...

Hope dinner was as yummy as Taylor Lautner!

Thanks for being a friend this year.