Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Passing Pet

Mikayla came home from Dance last night, went to her room, and bounded out exclaiming her bird had died!
Part of me felt bad for her and the other part was relieved. Having a house full of animals can be a daunting task at keeping everything clean. And Mikayla is not one to keep a cage clean. I did explain, in the nicest way possible considering the situation, that birds need to have clean water all the time as they drink from the same place they bathe and their cages need constant cleaning as all that stuff can become toxic. Last night that little piece of information finally sunk in.
I will say that I have put a NO NEW ANIMAL rule in affect. I have a hard time when pets die, even when alive they irritated me to no end.

2 comments:

Dread Pirate Davi said...

Poor Mikayla. =(

Laggin said...

Poor birdy.

When I was a kid my, dog gave me bird a heart attack! :(