Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Alien replaced my Son

Monday Devin's neurologist suggested we try a new ADHD Med called Vivance. The first day he took it was yesterday. Didn't think anything would happen right away, last round of meds took a couple of weeks to show any improvement.

Yesterday I received an email from one of Devin's teachers explaining how GREAT day. Did all work that was given. Then today I received the following email:

Just wanted to let you know that Devin had another great day in my afternoon classes. He started writing one of his paragraphs for the culminating project in comm. arts even though he didn’t have to begin until tomorrow—great self-motivation! He also helped another student with his comm. arts without being asked and worked very diligently on his math. Truly a wonderful job!
I forwarded the email to MD and he informed me that when Devin came home he started cleaning windows. Windows.....really....SAWEEET!
I asked MD if he knew what Devin wanted, he said he hasn't asked for anything. Okay I am now stumped.

I really didn't think that one or two days would show any results and all I have to say is WOW I hope it will keep up.
Oh, and by the way Devin is now up to 5' 10"! Now he has racked up 10 inches in 9 - 10 months! Still a rail at 120 pounds though.
I like this Alien!

2 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

Your post has brighten my day :) I hope things keep going in the same direction!!!

Dread Pirate Davi said...

Go Devin!! =D