Sunday, February 07, 2010

More on my mom

Today is my mothers 65th birthday. She had to spend it in the hospital, as a matter of fact a new hospital than the one she has been in since Sunday (this will make hospital number 3). They transferred her from Des Pares Hospital to Barnes-Jewish hospital downtown. It is supposed to be one of the top Cardio-Vascular hospitals in the country. Des Pares said that they do not have the equipment needed to get her heart back into shape.

Her heart needs to rest and she is not getting the rest she needs with the heart pump she currently has. Tomorrow they are going to do another Echo to check out how her heart is beating. They have to remove the heart pump she currently has. From what we are told you should only have the heart pump in for 5-7 days. After that it does more harm than good. They told dad that they may try some drugs to give her heart some rest if that does not work they may try a internal heart pump. Then I don't know what.
It takes more planning now to go visit with her as the hospital is now a hour from where I live. I want to spend as much time with her as I can, but she gets worn out after about an hour visit. I would have liked to keep visiting everyday, but my life (boring as it may be) did not stop happening so I could pay attention to mom (and dad for that fact).
She has been receiving cards of well wishes and birthday wishes. Davi dad couldn't stop laughing at your name! He was laughing so much when he was asking me if I knew who you were it took three times telling him before he could hear the whole story. Again thank you to all who have generously spent the time to give my mom a little ray of sunshine.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, good to know I made someone's day. =)

//SIGNED//
"Dread Pirate Davi"

=D

Cindi said...

Monica, it sounds like you certainly have had your plate full. I know it's been a little while since you last posted, but I want you to know that I'm saying a prayer for your mom. Please let us know how things are going.