Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wanted: Personal Assistant for High School Kids

Just got back from 9th Grade Orientation. You would think that since this is my third time at bat this would be old hat and couldn't be surprised by ANYTHING that would be explained at said orientation.

Boy was I WRONG!

The high school my children attend/will attend is currently attend 6 classes a day. They are switching to a 7 class schedule. Okay I thought no big deal I attended a high school that had a 7 class schedule. But our high school has decided (for what reasons I have no idea) to switch thing up a bit. Tell me what you think of the following:

Monday Tuesday and Friday - students will attend all 7 classes. School starts at 7:25 am and lets out at 2:25 (no big deal yet right?)

Wednesday - School starts at 7:25 and releases at 2:25 BUT students will only attend first, third, fifth, and seventh hour classes.

Thursday - most of the time this day is referred to a C Block. School day starts at 7:25 and ends at 12:55. And one Thursday a month (refereed to as D day) the students are let out at 11:55.

WTH!

I am looking at this schedule, dazed and extremely confused. So how do you think my kids feel?

I had another parent telling me it is because the teachers are only "allowed" to work so many hours and this is their solution for that. Still I have to say with a child with ADHD, ODD and a few other "little" issues this is really going to screw him up. They thought he had tardies before....HA wait till next year. Devin won't know weather he is coming or going that is for sure. He has already expressed concern regarding this type of scheduling. Mikayla on the other hand didn't even blink when she heard the schedule.

So if you know anyone who is looking for a job, I am sure Devin could use a personal assistant to get though his day.

2 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

My kids have A and B days but they are not nearly as confusing as that!! I had to read it a few times to understand it :) Good luck keeping it all straight!

Felicia said...

I am a pretty good personal assistant, just ask Carrie and my friend Kasey, lol....and I need a job , hahaha