Thursday, November 25, 2010

Watch for what one wishes for.................

Yep today is Thanksgiving. And I hope all who happen across this post are found to be in good health and cheer.

I have ALL my family once again under one roof, just as I wished.

What WAS I thinking. In no time at all the arguing and teasing commenced. Oh dear Goddess it is like they are small children again, except then they were easier to manage. Time to separate them to diffuse any possible explosions.

And to add to that, it is impossible to go outside. The winter weather in Missouri has decided to finally show up. Yesterday was 24 hours (or at least felt like it) of rain. Sometime hard sometimes soft, but always falling. This morning the rain has turned to sleet, with rumors of possible snow. So we are now cave dwellers, locked up together. Pretty much why I am held up in my recliner in the office reading and writing you. Devin is at the computer with head phones and now the only noise he makes is the tapping on the keyboard. Felicia and MD watching football in the family room and Rolland with Mikayla playing some video game in the upstairs loft.

Is this what it is going to be like at holidays? Together but not? Well at least it is quiet now and leaving me wondering how long it will last. And when will they ever get along.....quietly?

1 comment:

Dread Pirate Davi said...

I'm telling you, threats of dessert-withholding!!