Monday, March 12, 2012

Conflicting Feelings

Have you ever had a situation when you’re really happy for someone but at the same time you’re really discouraged with the decision they have made. Well I am having one of those situations now.

See here is the thing.  I do not tend to make “friends” at my place of employment.  It has been that way since as long as I can remember.  I like to keep my private life extremely separate from work life.  Usually I hook up with one person that I get really close with and spend time together outside of work.  For reasons for those of you that REALLY know me know that is a good thing to do since I tend to be on the wild side.  And that is nothing people at work really need to know about. (ha ha ha)

Anyway I have actually made friends with two people from where I work now, Dana and Erin.  They are people I confide to, play sports with, hang out with and such.  Well Erin has been offered a position with one of our client companies and an Environmental Manager.  That is a huge opportunity for her.  She will be in charge of something like 4 or 5 landfills. Again that is a huge step up and a great opportunity.  I assist 2 EM's here in Missouri and know they at times are going crazy.  Depends on if you sites are an active landfill or a closed one.  

Erin is of course like 15 years younger than I (Dana is 10 years younger since I am the old lady of the office) but so far I have been able to keep up with her when we play volley ball and such.  We are both going up to Wisconsin to hike through Devil’s Lake with Felicia later in April.  She loves the outdoors as much as I do, and seems to be as much a tom boy as I am which probably explains why we get along so well.  The only thing is that she is single and gets to travel a lot more than I am possible too or I would be going on her adventures right along with her.

Anyway her new job is in California.  We are currently in Missouri.  See my reason for being discouraged?  Going on our little adventures will not be so easy or affordable.  But hey at least now I have someone in California that I can go visit and stay with and one that will take me to cool scuba diving places (she is also certified).  That of course is one thing I will be looking forward too.

No comments: