Monday, June 21, 2010

This week is not starting out well at all.

At work a bird flew into our transformer and it blew. A blown transformer means no power, and no power means no computer, microwave, or AIR CONDITIONING. I have never seen AmrenUE respond so quickly to a call though. I will have to give that cudos to them. Luckily I had a bit of work to do that did not need a computer, and we have plenty of windows which provided enough light to work by. But it did start to get a bit warm.

AmrenUE got the transformer fixed within three hours. That time count started as soon as we lost power to the minute it was back on. Like I said, never seen them respond so fast before. Makes one think.

Then I get home and Devin, Mikayla, and David are in the living room. No I did not inherit or have another child. They had a friend in the house when I got home. (and that breaks one of the rules of the House). As the kids and I chatted, I wandered around the house putting things away that were not where they belonged. As I approached the living room I noticed "things" were missing and/or out of place. The missing item I started asking about. Everybody responded like I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about. Finally after roaming through the entire first floor without finding it. Going up stairs to change (ranting the whole time) and coming back down stairs with it not produced in front of me. I proclaimed that everyone was grounded until my missing item was returned.

I knew something was up because I could hear Mikayla telling Devin, "If you don't I am" which is a sure sign they both know what is going on and that Devin had something to do with it. Mikayla does not like "snitching" on her brother, but likes being grounded even less. So finally with enough prodding THEY came down and told me.

Devin now has to clean all the baseboards in the house. All three floors totally 4500 square feet of house which all rooms have baseboards. And yes that is including the finished basement. He is none too happy about it, but I explained that I am none too happy about my broken stuff.

Tit for Tat.

Wondering what tomorrow holds in store for me........in addition to the 100 degree temps everyone is talking about.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I just love punishments that benefit the entire family! He gets to think about the error of his ways and you get clean baseboards!