Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arkansas Road Trip


The Wind was ridiculous!


This past weekend some friends and I took a road trip to Arkansas to give support to another friend whose mother just passed away last week.  I would have to say it was the hardest thing to watch Vicky cry.  This gal NEVER EVER cries, never shows any anger; she always has a smile on her face. 

We all felt helpless.  We wanted to do something to make it better.  Of course there was nothing we could do but hold her and/or her dad Leo.  They were both so glad that we drove down there to be with them.  Leo kept telling us that when he gets up here he is going to take us all out to dinner…..on him.  We told him we just wanted to take him fishing (but he has to clean the fish).  That got a giggle out of him.  May of the people in attendance were surprised that we took the 5 hour trip down.  I could not for the life of me figure out why they were surprised.  What else are friends for?

We did get her laughing when we got to her father’s house after the visitation.  That felt good, it felt normal.  I hope that she felt some relief also.

Carolyn (V's sister) and V taking a much needed vise break.



It took us 5 hours to get to Paragould Arkansas from St Louis.  I guess with the fact that it was storming when we left didn’t help.  Sue got board and took my camera and stuck it out the window (when it stopped raining) and just started clicking.  Got some interesting shots that is for sure.

The trip home was a quite one, after sitting through the visitation then the next day sitting through the funeral service (we opted out of the graveside service due to the length of the drive back).  On one particular part of Hwy 67 there is a beautiful new long stretch of highway that was just begging me to take my sassy girl new car for a “special” ride.  As it was I was cruising at about 85 miles an hour.  Sue leaned over saw how fast I was going and asked to take if higher………….so I did.  We got it up to about 105 miles an hour before the back seat realized what was going on.  I was debating on going even faster yet, but the backseat was requesting loudly that we NOT go so fast.

HUMP party poopers.

Michelle and Alicia threaten to tell Mike that I was driving that fast.  Ha I beat them to the punch.  I told him, he laughed and asked why only 105.  I told him I had already past one state patrol and was worried of passing another.  He said I was already going to get arrested if stopped, why not make it worth it and get her up to 150.  I laughed back at him and said why not the 180 the tack shows.  He said that it will do 150 without a hiccup but not sure of the 180.  He then said an Audi was made to go fast.

Of course I didn’t try it again.  It was a nice thought though; maybe I will get the nerve up again next time to try it.  Oh and the trip home didn’t take no 5 hours it took only 3!  Guess you could say I drive fast.

No comments: