Tuesday, January 18, 2011

People should mind their own business.

My cousin is at the beginnings of a divorce.  One that he said he didn't want.  He misses his wife and misses the kids more. 

His wife and I are friends on FaceBook, well I should clarify we WERE friends on FaceBook.  She was publically trashing him and her friends just fed the fuel.  I never commented on any of her posts, but today I had finally had it.  But I still said nothing negative.  She was posting about how he wants to go to counseling.  I just said that I thought that was a great idea if she was wanting to try to work things out.  But it was going to be work on both sides.  (still trying to stay neutral).  Then one of her negative (and I mean super negative) friends then bashed me and told her he was the Devil.  WTH!  At that moment I deleted my comment, unfriended her, and sent her a note stating I hoped the best for her in whatever decision she made but I could not sit there and watch any more of the negative bashing that was happening on her page.

 I have to give my cousin credit, he never said anything negative on his page.  But that is the kind of guy he is.  I honestly can say I don't remember him every really saying a bad word about anyone.  He is the goofy type a guy who always tried to put a good spin on all things.

I know there are two sides to every story and I know my cousin in no saint.  And I know I may have gone overboard a bit by unfriending her.  But I really don't want to see that kind of negativity popping up on my page and especially about family. 

One of my New Years' Resolutions were to get negativity out of my life.  That was definitely negative, so bye bye.

Cousin's wife just replied to my note, stating she is not listening to anyone but herself, and she has agreed to go to counseling.  I certainly hope she is going into this with an open mind.

No comments: