Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Determination

Determination:

- The act of coming to a decision or of fixing or setting a purpose.
- Ascertainment, as after observation or investigation
- the settlement of a dispute, questions, etc as by authoritative decision
- the decision or settlement arrived at or pronounced
I guess you get the idea.

One of the “NEW HOUSE RULES” is the cell phone would be taken away a day for every F received on an assignment. That went for both Mikayla and Devin. I informed them that every Monday I would check the parent portal (we can see all kinds of things going on with this school-parent web access) and review the last weeks grades received. If any F’s were received then I would get the phone.

Mikayla has had a HUGE problem with particular rule. Sad thing is when I started the rule she had no F’s. Then the next week she received one, the following was two, and then this Monday when I checked she had 3. Trying to prove something????

Monday night I presented the printouts of her grades. She stammered this is stupid, why am I being so mean, Devin blab la blab la. I told her it is what it is and she could not argue with me. She was warned and the grades were in her hands, "hand over the phone".

WELL………this afternoon I received a call from my youngest child. She explained that one of the F’s were extra credit. I said it did not matter WHAT it was for, the grade was recorded and went against her final grade therefore it could not have been “extra credit”. She stated that the teacher is emailing me regarding this grade and that the web site WILL BE corrected. She then proceeded to another F stating that it was NOW a score of 15 out of 15 and therefore an A.
She then went on saying that she wanted her phone back and that I needed to stop this silliness with the F’s. I laughed and told her that it is not I that she should be upset with. She needs to stay on top of her teachers and let them know that I am checking regularly. She stated she did just that and repeated “I want my phone back”.

Holy crap the kid went after her teachers! I defiantly am raising them to stand up for themselves and do right……at least the girls that is. Or maybe I am raising Debaters or Lawyers. Definitely not going to get walked over.
Just goes to show:

2 comments:

utmomof 5 said...

Thanks for the laugh with the picture!!! Oh my, still laughing...


Soudns like one good girl you are raising!!!

Alicia Clark said...

love this blog.. you've become very good at it my friend!